Online CEU Classes
|Fix for recent online AUDIO issue
View Certificate Instructions
Online Class Use information for first-time users.
ACCA Members have access to approved online CEU classes.
Not an ACCA member? Click here for more information.
Approved online C.E.U. Classes
Currently approved C.E.U. classes:
- Medication Module 1 (Module 1 of 4)
Licensing Requirements, Medication Training Goals & Objectives, Medication Administration, Staff Roles & Forms, Medication Storage
- Medication Module 2 (Module 2 of 4)
Medication & the Elderly, Top 10 Drugs used by the elderly, Terms & Definitions, Common Abbreviations
- Medication Module 3 (Module 3 of 4)
Types of Medication, Preventing Medication Errors, Common Medication Side Effects & Drug Interactions
- Medication Module 4 (Module 4 of 4)
Medication Identification, What To Do If....
- Hospice Module 1 (Module 1 of 3)
What is Hospice Care?, Hospice Regulations and Waiver Information, Components of a Medicare Certified Hospice Program, What services are covered by Medicare?, Advanced Directives and POLST
- Hospice Module 2 (Module 2 of 3)
Stages of Grief, How to be with a dying person, Signs of Approaching Death, Bereavement
- Hospice Module 3 (Module 3 of 3)
- Dementia Module 1 (Module 1 of 9)
Basics of Dementia, Signs and Symptoms, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Irreversible Dementias
- Dementia Module 2 (Module 2 of 9)
Global Deterioration Scale of Primary Degenerative Dementia (Levels 1 through 7)
- Dementia Module 3 (Module 3 of 9)
Discovery of Alzheimer's, Social & Economical Impact of Alzheimer's, Research History, Genetics Research
- Dementia Module 4 (Module 4 of 9)
Communicating with the resident with Dementia, verbal and non-verbal communication, communication tips & techniques, Meaningful activities, Ideas for successful activities, Activities for different stages of Alzheimer's, Music and Dementia
- Dementia Module 5 (Module 5 of 9)
The ABC's of Behavioral Management, Interventions, Resisting Personal Care
- Dementia Module 6 (Module 6 of 9)
Managing the Environment, Effects of Medications on Behaviors
- Dementia Module 7 (Module 7 of 9)
Sexuality and the resident with dementia, End of Life Care / Hospice and the resident with dementia
- Dementia Module 8 (Module 8 of 9) > 2 CEU's!
Lewy Body Dementia
- Dementia Module 9 (Module 9 of 9)
Other Dementias / Degenerative Brain Disorders
- Food Services Module 1 (Module 1 of 3)
Menu Planning, Food Cost, Service Staff, Training
- Food Services Module 2 (Module 2 of 3)
Foodborne Illnesses, Food Storage, Cooling/Heating Foods, Cleaning/Sanitizing
- Food Services Module 3 (Module 3 of 3)
Food Safety Management System (HACCP)
- HIV/AIDS (Infectious Diseases) (Module 1 of 4)
Infectious diseases, Chain of infection, Modes of transmission, Airborne/bloodborne pathogens
- HIV/AIDS (Infectious Diseases) (Module 2 of 4)
Bloodborne pathogens and the workplace, OSHA, Exposure control plans, Exposure incidents, Record keeping
- HIV/AIDS (Infectious Diseases) (Module 3 of 4)
AIDS in the US > facts and figures, How the virus works, Symptoms, Modes of transmission, HIV antibody testing, Treatment, Research, HIV/AIDS law
- HIV/AIDS (Infectious Diseases) (Module 4 of 4)
Origin, Global spread, Stigma, Initial struggles, Political obstacles, Global funding, Search for a cure
Types of Diabetes, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Complications, Food and Exercise, Treatment, Diabetes and the Elderly, Licensing Regulations
- Fire & Disaster Module 1 (Module 1 of 3)
State regulations regarding Disaster Mass Casualty Plans, emergency shut-off locations, evacuation procedures, disaster kits and emergency supplies, CCLD Self-Assessment Guide.
- Fire & Disaster Module 2 (Module 2 of 3)
Smoke alarms, sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, fire escape plans, safety around cooking appliances, heating/cooling equipment, what to do during an approaching fire, after a fire, insurance.
- Fire & Disaster Module 3 (Module 3 of 3)
Flood safety guidelines, what to do before / during / after a flood, earthquake and tsunami hazards, regional geology, how to prepare for an earthquake.
- Cal/OSHA Module 1 (Module 1 of 4)
About Cal/OSHA, rights & responsibilities, OSHA Standards, training / recordkeeping / posting requirements, IIPP, statistics.
- Cal/OSHA Module 2 (Module 2 of 4)
Hazard Communication, Bloodborne Pathogens, Influenza, Tuberculosis, Fire Safety, Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plan, Medical & First Aid Plan, PPE, Ergonomics, Fall Prevention, Slips / Trips / Falls, Workplace Violence, Electrical Standard, Lockout/Tagout.
- Cal/OSHA Module 3 (Module 3 of 4)
Injury and Illness Prevention Plans (IIPP), the importance of incident prevention,
basic elements to a good safety and health program, documentation of activities and recordkeeping.
- Cal/OSHA Module 4 (Module 4 of 4)
Cal/OSHA Consultation Service, Cal/OSHA inspection procedures, Occupational Safety & Health Appeals Board, types of penalties and citations, OSH Standards Board, worker rights and responsibilities, employer responsibilities, self-inspection check list.
- Medication: Train-the-Trainer 5 CEU's
AB2609 (Evans), training requirements & documentation, medication administration, staff roles, common medical terminology & abbreviations, types of medication, medication side effects, adverse reactions, medication identification, medication errors.
- Palliative Care 2 CEU's
What is palliative care, history, difference between palliative care and hospice care, services, palliative care team members, pain control, how to arrange for palliative care, insurance, POLST & Advanced Directives.
- First Aid
What is first aid?, duties of a first aid provider, scene safety, activating EMS, emergency steps, common emergency conditions & treatment, after an emergency, first aid kits, additional considerations for residential care.